In honor of the polar bears we have left on this earth, our February donation is going to protect their habitat in the Arctic and fight against drilling for oil in their areas.
I found some interesting facts about these beautiful creatures and wanted to share 🙂
1. # of polar bears worldwide 26,000
2. longest polar bear swim recorded 426 miles
3. average lifespan 15-18 years
4. weight of an adult male 750-1300lbs
5. Their fur isn’t actually white. Each shaft of hair is transparent and reflects visible light.
6. They can overheat. Their fur prevents almost all heat loss, so they can get quite hot when active.
7. They can run fast. Although polar bears normally walk at a slow, steady pace, they can sprint up to 25 mph, but only for a short distance.
8. Polar bears have no natural predators. They are at the top of the Arctic food chain, and their only threats are humans and other polar bears.
9. They have a very strong sense of smell and can smell their prey up to 3 feet beneath the snow and ice.
10. Female polar bears typically give birth to twin cubs.
LETS LOVE AND HONOR THESE MAGNIFICENT CREATURES AND LETS MAKE SURE WE DON’T LET OIL DRILLING HAPPEN IN THE ARCTIC REFUGE!
Much polar love, xoxoxo Featherpsitol